Monday, June 22

5 Tips for Achieving Low OOP at Walgreens.

*If you're new to shopping at Walgreens start here first. Don't know the lingo go here.

I don't know about you but I find my out of pocket spending at Walgreens can get high if I'm not careful. It's really hard to maintain a low oop due to restrictions on Register Reward usage. These past few weeks have been great for keeping a low oop. Sadly it's not always that easy. Here are five tips to help keep your oop low:

  • Do several transactions. I know this can be overwhelming but it really is the best way to keep your oop low. Try to roll RR's from one deal to another. You want the RR you get back to be similar in value or be able to cover the amount needed for your next transaction.

  • Use cheap fillers, 30¢ or less. Also make sure you have only the amount needed.
  • Have a game plan before you even get to the store. Plan and write down your transactions then just stick to it. This was so helpful to me when I first started out. I found I didn't feel so overwhelmed and it kept me from getting frustrated.
  • Take your time! Walgreens can be a challenge at times and you may go in with a plan but find out they are out of stock on the item you wanted and now you need to do something else. Breathe take your time and think it through. You may even want to just forget the whole thing or go to another store. Either one is FINE.
  • You don't have to do every deal. Granted there are some deals that come around every once in a while, but for the most part they are often repeated.
I hope these tips will help you in keeping your money in your pocket and not in a Walgreens register. If you have any questions or suggestions about Walgreens please fill free to leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment